Sunday, February 26, 2012

i'm STILL employed!!!

well, i have kept this third job for three weeks now. I wanted to give it some time to make sure it would stick. it was a little rocky until mid-week last week. the people are very nice, but very intense. i got called into a meeting with the head teacher and the headmistress (not sure if that's really her title. . .maybe owner??) so they could tell me that i'm too agreeable. seriously, i'm not asking enough questions to the people training me. naturally i got defensive and i was just talking faster and faster and the blotch started to overtake my neck and face, so basically, this meeting did not go great. but then later in the week some of the other teachers were really encouraging and telling me that when the training was over it would be much nicer and i wouldn't feel so micromanaged. this made me feel so much better and helped me relax a bit in all the classes i was co-teaching which made my teaching quite a bit better. i also when out with a couple teachers from school on wednesday night, and its always good to drink with your co-workers. aside from a joke i made about how me and my roommates always try to find a guy to take us home on weekends so we don't have to pay for a taxi things went swimmingly! then on friday i co-taught a phonics class with the phonics course manager (when i say co-teach i mean i teach and another teacher watches and judges me) and afterwards she told me that i did great and as far as she was concerned i didn't need to co-teach any more phonics classes, which was so so nice to hear! as of now, i have 5 of my own classes, still doing some co-teaching (not of phonics, but of some of the other classes) and observing this week, oh and grading practice. seriously these kids are so smart and i'm a horrible speller, and you see how i use punctuation in this blog, but i think the worst is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment