Saturday, July 19, 2014

In the Bag

It took me a while, but I have managed to find some drinking friends here in Alaska. This story comes from my first big night out with them. It started innocently enough, with an afterwork hike, but the thing is, hiking makes you so thirsty. Three bars later, countless shots and beers in I find myself on the employee shuttle home, just me and the other last guy standing, three other friends had made their way home earlier...I'll just never understand people who know their limit. There's a chunk of the night before this that I don't remember, and a big part after this I don't remember, but what I do remember is that I threw up into my hiking bag while on this shuttle home. Luckily, the guy I was with convinced me to empty my bag out before I threw up into it. We had gone hiking right after work, so my uniform was in there along with my wallet and camera. My friend, assured me the next day that I was very private about my voming and he didn't even realize I had done it, until afterwards I just kept repeating, “I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST THREW UP IN MY BAG!!” He was pretty drunk as well though, and apparently immediately forgot I had thrown up. He was talking to someone else on the bus and was going on about how it smelled like mozzerella sticks and it was making him really hungry. When he enquired as to where the smell was coming from, the guy he was talking to made a disgusted face and pointed and me and my vom bag.


When we got back to employee housing my friend helped me back to my cabin, and talked me into throwing my vom bag away when I just nonchalantly began carrying towards my cabin, I owe him a huge thank you for that. The next day, in typicall Hong Kong Kelly Style, I was an hour late to work and I looked like hell. Take that America, you can't change me!!

1 comment: