Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Laughinghouse


When working in the lodge in Alaska, part of my job as a front desk clerk was to prepare key packets for incoming guests and tour groups.  One night, I was hanging out in the back office, next to my supervisor who was dealing with lost luggage (that was the worst part of that job) while I was swiping the plastic credit card type room keys to program them for the incoming guests.


As you do this, there is a list of the guests by last name and how many people are in the room.  It's a little sad, but reading the names and finding the funny ones can be somewhat of a silver lining.  


This is the night I came across the last name "Laughinghouse" I just couldn't even believe it, what a wonderful name!  I made the key and then whispered into the paper envelope the keys go in, "I love you...find me." Then, when I closed it I kissed it for luck.  My supervisor, who was still there sitting next to me, looked at me like I was the biggest creep he'd ever met...that might not be far from the truth.


I was sure that this was an older couple who had a grandson of some sort who is the man I'm meant to marry...I was hoping I would see them at check in, but somehow fate didn't have my back.  I made a second attempt to make contact by making the Laghinghouse's the "Guest of the Week."  This entitled them to two free beverage vouchers, which I delivered personally, but they weren't in their room.  As of the writing of this post, I still haven't met any of the Laughinghouse's, but I still maintain I am meant to marry into that family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment