Monday, July 27, 2015

Painful Realization

I have a friend who is a singer/songwriter who wrote a song called painful realizations.  This was a long time ago, but it popped up on my ipod recently and I decided to make this a recurring blog post.  I have painful realizations on the regular, so I may as well share them.

I was counting how long it had been since I'd last had sex.  I think my record of celibacy is around 4 months (this is my record post serious boyfriend which was about three years ago).  I am not around many single people back in the states, and I don't go out drinking like I did in Hong Kong, which equals way less sex for me.  I have been toying with the idea of secondary virginity or even just giving up one night stands, but then I think what if someone really great comes along, so I can't commit to either of those ideas.  Either way, I was counting back to when I had had sex last and went back to February, I was feeling very proud of myself and thinking how good and reserved I had been.  Then, all of a sudden, it hit me.  I had very short, very bad sex in May.  It was with a guy I had slept with before, so in my stupid slutty mind I didn't even count it, because having sex with someone you've already been with is basically a free space.  This is my painful realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment