Sunday, November 1, 2015

Push Up Contest


I'm not sure when I actually started doing this, but its been a couple years now.  Often, once I'm a few drinks in, I'm sure I can do more push-ups than anyone, and I want everyone to know I'm the best, so I'll pick strangers, sometimes actual friends, and challenge them to a push up contest.  I often get turned down as it seems most people don't want to do push ups in bars or at parties, I know, I don't get it either.  The rules are as many push ups as you can in two minutes.  I can usually get around 50 or 60, and, yeah, I do the push ups on my toes, not my knees.

Over the summer, I went to a wedding of some friends, and when the bride invited me she gave me two rules:  no rolling around on the ground and no push up contests until after 10pm.  I need very direct rules to know how to act at events.  So, at the wedding, I had my eyes on my watch waiting for push up o'clock.



I ended up having my push up contest with a less bulgy-biceped guy who was a firefighter, and I totally beat him!  He might have let me win...but I think I'm just stronger than him.

No comments:

Post a Comment