Friday, February 3, 2012

I'M EMPLOYED!!! (take 2)

I was offered three jobs on wednesday. I agonized over the decision, had my pallies help me with a pro/con list, but i'm pretty sure i went ahead and made the wrong decision. two of the jobs were at learning centers, one 5 days a week, the other 6 days a week with 2 of the days being half days. the third job was at an international kindergarten, 5 day work week, no weekends, except the occasional school function. well, i went with the kindergarten. i know either of the other two jobs would have been more fun and a bit more challenging, but i went with the kindergarten because i will get way more vacation. and i immediately regretted this. but did that stop me from signing a 2 year contract, oh no, when i make a decision and realize its not the best one, i just stick right with it. when i went in to sign the contract i see that i have to give 4 months notice if i want to leave before september. i have to pay for a uniform, and we get a new one each season (on a side note i think i don't have to necessarily wear the uniform, but i cannot confirm this). and i can't start until my working visa is processed, which will be for at least another month.

but i do have a sneaky part time job, that i work about 2 hours a week. and i heard from one of the centers i turned down that they want me to be a sub, so i have a class with them coming up next week also. so maybe it will all work out, or maybe i'm getting played and this kindergarten just tricked me. you just never really know.

1 comment: