Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cinco de Messo



Some of my American friends, Nate and Lily, live in this apartment with an amazing rooftop, and they offered to throw a Cinco de Mayo (Chingu de Mexico, for my friends from Korea) party.  It was amazing, they are great hosts and they make a mean margarita!  Of course, smashedness ensued.  Enough so that I sent these pics to about 15 people on my whatsapp.





 I only vaguely remember this conversation with a stranger at a bar, and it could definitely be a false memory, but would I really subconsciously make this up??  I sure hope not.


My last memory from the night is Nate ordering a bucket of beers and usually you are meant to pick one brad of beer, but he pushed for a sampler bucket and we got one of each on the list, the waitress was very confused.  Then, because I had seen waffle fries earlier in the week, it was on my mind and I really wanted to get some...but we were Kowloon side (the more Chinese part of HK) so it was pretty much impossible.  Nate kept trying places, but it just wasn't going to happen.  Instead we popped into a 7/11 and i ended up buying a chicken leg that is in a bag and you heat it up in the microwave...gross, but actually kind of delicious...i'm not proud of myself.

The next morning when I woke up I here is what was in my bag:

a towel I had stolen from the bar (the kind they keep on the bar to soak up all the run over alcohol) with a stick on mustache attached to it.  Coincidentally, everything else in my bag was soaked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment