Sunday, November 17, 2013

rape PLAY birthDAY

I celebrated my birthday a couple weekends ago.  On friday night I went on a double date with the guy i've been quasi-seeing...and by that I mean we have gone for dinner/drinks twice but have mostly just been banging for the past month or so and my friend and her girlfriend.  We went to a stage production of A Clockwork Orange, which to be fair is not the best idea for a date.

So, we all went to the play, and, honestly, its a weird play to go on with someone you are seeing casually, since there is rape, sodomy, violence and just some all around weird heavy shit going on.  After the play, which I will say the dude was a good sport for coming to, my other couple friends went home, and this guy invited me for some drinks with his friends. Never being one to turn down a drink, I went along.  His friends were really nice and I was having a decent time mingling, until I realized he was basically ignoring me.  I'm really bad at leaving situations, so I just kept talking to other people because I didn't know how to gracefully get out of there...finally, I busted in on a convo he was having with another girl and said I was going to go home.  He said, "Yeah, we are going to go too." I mistakenly thought the "we" was me and him.  So we were all walking away from the bar, and then crossed a street, which helped me realize that they were going to another bar and it was just me going home.  I'm pretty easy going, and I understand wanting to hang out with your friends and only your friends, but then don't invite me along if you are just going to ignore me the whole night and then send me away with a lame kiss on the cheek, you might as well just high-five me for fuck's sake.

Lesson learned, don't go to rape plays on your birthday and expect a "happy ending" I think this could have been predicted.  Dating is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment