Monday, June 30, 2014

The Spike


So, I've found my favourite bar in Alaska.  Its in an old rail car in Denali National Park, and it started out as not really a bar, just a rail car that some guys would stock with booze, then it got too popular and some tickets because it never had a liquor license, but now its on the up and up.  


After work one night we did a hike in the park and then went to The Spike for drinks.  Outside they had an open area with hula hoops, so after some competitions of hula hooping while drinking, we went back inside, and my assistant manager found this wheelchair just chilling in the corner of the bar.


She sat in it for the rest of the night, and got pretty good at turns and inclines.


But she went up a ramp and we didn't see her for a while


I wanted to play too, so I found a stuffed miniature pony and rode up the ramp and around the corner to where she was hiding with her wheelchair.



Then our friend Matt came bursting through with a wooden sword and shield.  All this stuff was just lying around in the main room of this rail bar.  Then, we almost got kicked out because I tried to roll a keg out the door.  The night ended when I lost my phone, but made up for it by stealing some hipster's old man blazer.

No comments:

Post a Comment