Thursday, June 12, 2014

Toilet Talk



Like I've said earlier, I've somehow found myself with an abundance of LDS (Latter Day Saint; aka Mormon) friends.  I don't mind, really, I do enjoy drinking, but I enjoy sober fun also, and its been nice to have a friend base that doesn't revolve around drinks.  One of my favourite LDS traditions is family home evenings.  The church encourages families to pick a night to spend at home together, and this usually involves playing board and card games.  I've had some people over to play scrabble before, but this story takes place while playing a game of uno attack.  I was with my co-worker Lexy (non LDS) and another friend, we will call G (LDS).

The other thing you need to know for this story is that my housing here in Alaska is in a two story cabin with 8 rooms, each room shares a bathroom with the room next to it.  I live next to two ladies in their 40s and they are the hairdressers at the salon at the lodge.

So, one of the ladies went into the bathroom, we can't see her, we just hear the door to their side of the bathroom open.





G says he's never been in a room like this before when you can hear neighbors in the shared bathroom.  He lives in a different style room with its own private bathroom.  This was surprising enough, but then...




We all went silent for the longest time, and we were laughing and talking before the person went in the bathroom, so I'm sure they know we heard them.  Later, I had to break the news to G that girls actually do poop and fart and we're not just made of sugar and spice and everything nice, he took it ok, but I think its a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment