Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fifth Wheel


So one day we were all standing around at work (by "all" I mean the three of us that work there).  And I jokingly say:

                                                           Me                                    My Boss
                                                                                         (and the business owner)


Then, he went on to explain that during Christmas, he usually took out the employees and their significant others for dinner and a movie, then gave me a pitying look.  He is married with three kids, and the other employee is a high school senior with a serious girlfriend.  I tried to stay positive by adding:


I also offered to take out a personal add on craigslist to find myself a date for this event...but after repeated pleading from my boss and his wife, I decided to just resign myself to my standard fifth wheel status.

The event itself, turned out to be quite fun.  There was an open house at work before our company party, and some friends and customers came by.  One woman did ask if I was the mother of my high school co-worker's girlfriend...which pretty much ruined Christmas for me, but dinner and the movie were fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment