Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Father - in - Law


I went to visit one of my university roommates, and we had an amazing night out.  Everyone is growing up but me, so these are few and far between.  I'm thinking about re-enrolling as an undergrad to meet new friends who are more on my level.  I am getting closer and closer to being that creepy older guy who hangs out with high schoolers...I have some work to do on myself, I guess...but I'd rather keep having fun and avoid any self-improvements for now.

My friend and I finally found a weekend we could hang out, and she has another friend who does some lighting work for a playhouse, so he got us some tickets to a play.  We went with him and his wife for some drinks before the play, and then when we got to the venue we were killing time for a bit.  Then we realized there was a drink cart, we got in line.  While we were waiting I saw my friend taking a selfie, so I took a picture of her taking a selfie, and thought I was being super metaphysical and smart, so we are both in line posting on social media, like the annoying people we sometimes are, when these older guys in front of us take notice.


I see them silently judging us (and, really, who could blame them), and jump in with explanations.


We all become best friends, of course (at times I can be quite charming)


The actual selfie from that night:


After taking it, I show it to them all, and tell them I'm Ellen because I'm the instigator, Mary is Bradley Cooper because she is the one I came to see, and our new friend is the girl from 12 years a slave...because he's the newcomer.  I thought these were great assignments...they were also a conversation killer, oops.  But, I still tried to get our new friend's info so I could tag him.



Now, I'm just one divorce away from a husband...closer than I've been in years!!


No comments:

Post a Comment