Sunday, October 4, 2015

Basic


I met up with a friend for happy hour.  The bar was one of those great ones with an obscene about of beer on tap.


We were having a great time, when the bartender set a sample size of an IPA in front of me and said a guy down the bar sent it over.  I'm not the kind of girl a guy buys a drink for, I'm the kind of girl a guy sends a free sample of a beer to.  The bar was really busy, so I didn't really see who the tiny beer was from.  I did drink it.  Then, more than an hour later, when the bar had cleared out a bit the guy came over and asked if I liked the beer.  I'd had a couple more regular-sized beers at this point, so I couldn't really remember it, but I said yes, in an attempt to be congenial.  He chatted with us for maybe 5 minutes, then left.  Didn't hit on either of us, buy either of us a drink, or even chat for that long...such a weird interaction.  Several non-basic IPAs later, the bartender comes back by and my friend (one of those people who know their limits) totally sells me out!! haha




No comments:

Post a Comment