Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tinder Date #3

Still swiping through d-bags and a-holes in the Midwest.  It's exhausting!  Just jokes, I'm bored and it's a decent distraction sometimes.

So, I matched with this guy, I didn't really find him attractive, but he must have had something witty or likable in his profile.  Or maybe I just was that bored...either way, we start messaging.  He suggests we go on a date and asks for ideas.  I made a really weird list of suggestions including going to a presidential library, going to this abandoned building, and playing mad lib's.  He opts for mad lib's at a bar.

We meet at a bar of his choosing, and its kind of a dive bar, they serve cheap mystery beer, so I'm happy.  We drink and do mad lib's, it was actually kind of a cool date.  But this dude, gets really weird whenever we aren't talking and will make comments about it being an awkward silence.  It wasn't awkward until he labeled it that!  I can't just talk all the time, I do have a lot of funny stories, but sometimes I need to catch my breath.  It gets even more awkward when he asks if he can kiss me.  I say yes, because it seemed like the polite response, and to be honest, I would kiss anyone to have a break from him talking about our awkward silences.

Still, he's nice enough, so I think maybe I'm just being a dick.  He walks me to my car, we make out a bit.  I'm just going through the motions, I am not into this guy.  But, I don't go home with him, so making it out of this date with just a little street make out is kind of a new record for me.  Oh, wait, it really is.  This is the first time I've been on a date with someone and not gone home with him, way to go me!!  The secret is, date guys you don't find attractive.

We keep talking and go on a second date.  It was a cool bar that had all these old school arcade games, and you can play them all you want.  We conquer some Simpson's game he loved when he was a kid.  The date is coming to a close, and he walks me to my car again.  He asks to sit in my car and make out, I say yes.  What can I say...I think its important to keep my make out game strong even during dry spells.  So we are making out, and, generally, I like kissing a lot, but with this guy its not getting me anywhere.  I'm thinking about the whole thing methodically, like I should put a hand on him so I seem like I want to touch him, I was just being in my own head about it.  It was so boring!!  Finally, I drive him to his car.  As he is getting out he tells me, "Kelly, you are my favourite.  You are the cat's pajamas."  I am stunned.  I mime tipping a hat to him and say, "That is quite the compliment, sir."  Which, admittedly is a super weird response, but a weird compliment gets a weird response.

I stop talking to him after this.  Back to swipin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment